Design Your Own Game with Game Design Bootcamp
Turn your passion for gaming into reality!
Join our Game Design Bootcamp and learn how to create your own games.
About the Workshop
Learn the Secrets of Game Designing from someone who designed his first game at the age of 14 at Campion School Bhopal. The Games designed by him were being played by a lot of his batchmates at school, and he can be held responsible for the addiction it caused – it is rare for a non-digital game to be addictive. He went through it all – Game Mechanics, Game Theory, Maths and Probability and Game balancing. He went on to design many games based on dice, and cards and went through all thing that formed the theory of game designing much later. Coming from this background, he is capable of evoking the Game Designer inside the Gamer. This workshop was successfully conducted in 2010 at Rose Garden, Chandigarh with the same amazing results for a complete batch of 60 students making 12 games. Be ready to unlock the game designer inside you and also learn about the concept of Homo Ludens (Johan Huizinga) – which places the prime objective of man as the player, instead of the creator. Although Zynga games is named after a certain Dog, I seriously suspect it being inspired by Huizinga!
The workshop has been tried and tested at SXILL again at a leading University under a STEM Program as well as a Separate Game Design Workshop earlier at the University. This workshop also forms the basis of Vineet Raj Kapoor Course on Game Design at TCSiON. This workshop is also equally helpful to people who want to design systems and find themselves helpless doing so. Once you unlock this, you are now ready for greater roles of Leadership, so it won’t be wrong to say that this is also Leadership Workshop since a Game is a complete Ecosystem and a Game Design can design any system sustainably. Do not be mislead by the Term Summer Camp, we are in the middle of summer na! Attending this workshop may be a good way to unlock your personality as well!
This Training is led by Vineet Raj Kapoor who spearheads India’s Worldskills campaign for Industrial Design Technology as India’s Expert as well as Jury/ Mentor for Smart India Hackathon, Serious Play Awards USA, Design Thinking Competition, Russia, and Asiaskills, Eurasia Skills and other competitions. He has honed this system over a long study spanning 10 years of trials and a life long of learning. His lectures on Game Design and Usability are offered by TCSiON and he has redesigned the model of learning by creating a Gamified 360° Laddered Learning Ecosystem. On the sidenote, he also leads India’s AVGC delegation to Korea every year. People trained by him have had great career graphs.
Alternating days for a month
2.5 hours per session
Mode of Conduct
Hybrid (Online and Offline)
- Learn Game Design Fundamentals: Acquire a solid foundation in game design principles, mechanics, and theory.
- Unleash Creativity: Tap into your creative potential and develop innovative ideas for game concepts.
- Hands-on Experience: Gain practical experience by designing and building your own games under expert guidance.
- Collaboration Opportunities: Collaborate with like-minded individuals, forming connections and building teamwork skills.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Enhance your problem-solving abilities through designing and overcoming challenges in game development.
- Critical Thinking: Develop critical thinking skills as you analyze game mechanics, player experiences, and gameplay dynamics.
- User Experience Design: Understand the importance of user experience (UX) and learn techniques to create engaging and intuitive games.
- Portfolio Enhancement: Build an impressive game design portfolio to showcase your skills and increase your career prospects.
- Industry Insights: Gain insights into the game industry, trends, and career pathways from experienced professionals.
- Empowerment: Unlock the potential to turn your passion for gaming into a future career or entrepreneurial venture.
Introduction to the Right Brain
Perception and the Perception Shift
The Art of Contour Drawing
Proportions and Negative Space
Light, Shadow, and Value
Gestalt and Seeing Relationships
Drawing from Memory and Imagination
Exploring Complex Subjects and Textures
Portraits and Human Figure Drawing
Creative Composition and Perspective
Adding Depth and Dimension
Progress Showcase and Celebration
Who Can Attend?
This workshop is open to individuals of all ages who have a passion for game design and want to create their own game. It is especially beneficial for school kids looking to explore their creative abilities and develop a solid foundation in game designing.
Whether you are a beginner or an intermediate artist, this workshop will provide valuable insights and techniques to help you improve your creative thinking.
Join us and embark on a creative journey filled with inspiration, learning, and artistic growth
Participants can attend the workshop from the comfort of their homes through our interactive online platform.
This mode provides flexibility and convenience while ensuring a rich learning experience.
For those who prefer a more traditional classroom setting, our offline sessions are conducted at SXILL campus – 4th Floor, SCO 186-188, Sector 17C, Chandigarh.
We ensure a safe and conducive environment for students to explore their artistic abilities.
For any inquiries or further information, please feel free to reach out to us:
Phone: +91 8847281663